With Valentines Day fast approaching, my mind has been firmly focused on what to do to make it special!
Jon & I don't go crazy when it comes to Valentines Day as it does seem like a bit of a money spinner of an occasion really and it falls so soon after Christmas that neither of us really wants or needs any big extravagant gifts!!
Before we had kids we used to go out for dinner on Valentines Day but these days we tend to stay home and get an M & S meal deal or just cook for ourselves - if truth be told I never really enjoyed the Valentines dinners out as the restaurants were always packed, service was slow and the themed menu's really wound me up!
We do exchange Valentines cards as we think its a nice little excuse for a bit of soppiness, and we usually give each other a little token gift - just something small! But I also like to include the children in the Valentines celebrations too - in the weeks leading up to Valentines Day I have some Valentine themed craft and sensory activities to do with them, and I'll be making Valentine themed breakfasts and dinners on the day as well as giving them a little token gift each - just a little teddy bear or something along those lines!
I was recently contacted by the lovely people at Zazzle and asked if I'd like to choose a few Valentines gifts for other people in my life - to show that this occasion can be used to recognise anybody you love and think deserves a treat! I thought this was a lovely idea so I set about choosing some presents.
Here's what I selected:
1) This super cute "Sunday is for Snuggling" fleece blanket is one of my favourite buys - it's only quite small but it's the perfect size for kids, and so I thought it would make a lovely gift for Tyne as he just loves getting snuggled under a blanket on the sofa and watching his ipad or flicking through a book!
It's so super soft and the design is just gorgeous - Available here priced at £24.00
2) This "Haters Gonna Hate" notebook is ideal for anybody who needs a little help with organisation, and I love the reference to the Taylor Swift lyrics - I picked this up for my friend who is always complaining about needing more organisation in her life! This is available here priced at £10.15
3) For the same friend, I also picked up this fantastic weekly planner dry erase board! This is so great for using to organise weekly appointments, blog work/scheduling or using to meal plan! Available here priced at £27.35
4) I love a bit of a motivational phrase, and I thought this on trend monochrome poster was really cool - this is going to make a brilliant gift for a monochrome-obsessed friend of mine who's having a bit of a hard time at the moment! Available here priced at £7.95
5) And finally, I thought I'd treat myself to a little something too - this personalised notebook is just gorgeous and will be so handy for a little blog organisation! Available here priced at £7.80
If you're looking for some Valentines inspiration, be sure to check out Zazzle's fantastic range!
If you enjoy my blog, please consider following me on Bloglovin'