Today is my 32nd Birthday.
WOW....it's pretty scary when I say it "out loud" like that! When I was little, 32 sounded so old - I imagined that I'd feel very grown up by the time I was 32 and I'd have my whole life mapped out.
Surprisingly, 32 feels no different to me than 18.
I don't feel that I've changed much in my mind at all - I feel very much like the same person, still waiting for the sudden Grown-Up Hayley to appear and take over! But so far it hasn't happened.
Sometimes I feel like a teenager playing house....It doesn't feel real that I am actually 32 years old, a mother, a partner.....
Does anybody else ever feel this way?!
I used to worry a lot about getting older, but I don't anymore...I think the old cliché saying is true....you really are as young as you feel. And I still feel 18, so I'm younger than all of you.....*blows raspberries and runs away*
32 Quirky Facts About Me
1. I was born in the same hospital as John Lennon - Oxford Street Maternity Hospital in Liverpool
2. I grew up in a very quiet little country village, which is rather snooty and the exact opposite of what most people imagine when you tell them you're from Liverpool....
3. Liverpool is my favourite place in the world, and always will be - and it makes me really really angry when people slag it off, particularly when they've never even been there or have merely passed through it. I hate stereotyping.
4. I used to do TV extra work and got to film episodes of Two Pints Of Lager & A Packet Of Crisps, Hollyoaks and Coronation Street.
5. I qualified in childcare & education, and have worked as a Nanny and Nursery nurse a lot in the past.
6. My other jobs have included: Waitress, barmaid, babysitter, telephone psychic, sex line operator (briefly.....very briefly!), dish washer in a nursing home, cleaner at a private hospital, telesales operator, avon rep, checkout girl at Somerfield, Assistant manager in a card shop, Shop assistant at Primark, and call centre supervisor for New Look.
7. I also run my own business doing childrens birthday parties - I provide all the party food, run the disco, do games and give out prizes and party bags, and set the theme such as Princess party, Pirate Party - I also dress up as Peppa Pig!
8. My music taste varies greatly - I love Britney Spears, cheesy 90s boybands like a1 and Take That and I adore Kylie Minogue. I also love Kate Bush and Tori Amos, Disturbed and Placebo, Fiona Apple...the list goes on. I have a real soft spot for cheesy 80s music too....especially anything Stock, Aitken and Waterman!
9. Oh I should also admit that I have an unhealthy obsession with Barry Manilow....seriously, love him.
10. I love cruising, and - although I have flown in the past to the USA, Venezuela, Amsterdam and Spain - I have decided not to put myself through it again as I am terrified of it, and would much rather cruise everywhere in the future!
11. I am obsessed with making lists - I even make lists to organise my lists. It's the Virgo in me....
12. I read tarot cards, practice pendulum dowsing and like drawing up numerology readings
13. But I don't believe in horoscopes at all.
14. I have been to see psychics 5 or 6 times, and have always had very accurate readings.
15. I'm a film geek, and whenever I watch a new movie I always have to look it up on IMDB afterwards to read through the trivia and goofs!
16. I LOVE True Movies and whenever Jon is at work, I watch one of the many I've recorded from the True Movies channel....the cheesier and more tragic, the better!
17. I also have a weird obsession with murder - I love reading books and watching documentaries about famous murder cases, but I always get a bit upset and spooked afterwards - yet I can't stop myself!
18. I used to have prison penpals in the USA who I wrote to regularly, who were on death row. I stopped once Tyne was born and we moved, but I did enjoy it at the time.
19. I cannot leave the house without make up on. I would feel like everybody was staring at me and would probably have a panic attack! I haven't left the house without make up on since I was 14.
20. I have my own car, but I can't drive yet - I keep meaning to take my test and never getting around to it.
21. I cry whenever I hear kids sing.
22. I lived in the same house until I was 25. Since then I have moved 6 times in 7 years.
23. I don't like very many animals. People seem to confuse this with wishing harm to them - I don't. I just don't like very many of them. I do love horses and monkeys.
24. I used to go showjumping when I was younger, and would LOVE to learn to ride again but I'm scared that I'll be told I'm too fat - one of the many reasons I'm trying to lose weight.
25. I can't sing but I LOVE doing it anyway.
26. I worry all the time. Constantly. About everything.
27. I believe in fairies and angels. I don't care if that's childish.
28. Part of me still gets excited every Christmas eve just incase they're all wrong about Santa....coz I swear I saw a sleigh once!!!!
29. I'm 5'9 tall.
30. I LOVE the smell of bleach and petrol
31. I have OCD and I have a little ritual that I HAVE to do every single night before I go to sleep - its very weird and involves taking a specific number of sips from my drink....I have no idea where it came from, I just know if I don't do it bad things will happen! ( hahaha....cuckoo!!!!)
32. I'm very accident prone. I love cooking but I never manage to cook anything without scalding or cutting myself. I have set more toasters on fire than I care to remember. And I am known for always falling over.
My Hopes For My 32nd Year
Birthdays always make me think about the next year has in store for me.....
When I had my 30th, I would never have imagined that I'd be spending my 31st birthday pregnant!
I'm looking forward to my first birthday as a Mummy, and am generally just looking forward to seeing Tyne grow day by day over the next year.....On my 33rd Birthday, Tyne will be 1 and a half. I am so excited to see what his personality is like - I'm sure he'll be a cheeky chappy!!!
I would like to be more settled career wise with more of a sense of what I want to do long term, I'd like to have got the nerve up to submit some of my writing for publication, and I'd like to either be pregnant or in the process of trying to be!
So...here's to being 32! Cheers Everybody!
If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider following me on Bloglovin HERE