We were recently challenged by Stocking Fillers to put a summer spin on traditional Christmas food...and what is more traditional than turkey with cranberry when it comes to Christmas?!! (I did toy with the idea of putting a summer spin on sprouts, but since very few people seem to enjoy the good old Christmas sprout as much as I do...I decided against it!).
I thought barbecued turkey kebabs with a cranberry glaze sounded pretty delicious...so I tried them out...and I was right!
2 large boneless, skinless turkey breasts
1 large red pepper
12 button mushrooms
8 bay leaves
6 tbsp cranberry sauce
1 tsp olive oil
- Cut turkey and red peppesr into decent bite sized chunks
- Thread turkey, pepper, mushrooms and bay leaves onto 4 long metal kebab skewers.
- Sieve cranberry sauce into a small heatproof bowl, then stir in the oil and stand the bowl in a pan of boiling water.
- Heat without boiling until the sauce is thinner.
- Brush the cranberry sauce over the kebabs and barbecue for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn frequently and baste with remaining cranberry sauce
If you enjoy my blog, please consider following me on Bloglovin'